Welcome...

Sit down...buckle up....and for goodness sakes...HOLD ON!


Thursday, January 21, 2010

Make it unique!

I was online looking at some bags. I won't say by who. But they were utterly outrageous! I thought...I could make those! So....I took some black fabric I had already, some batting I had from a previous project as well and made my own.


To make the bag: I traced a purse I already owned on white paper and used it as a pattern. (Basically 4 squares of black+2 squares of batting=a layer of fabric, batting, fabric, fabric, batting, and fabric. In that order.) Hem the top of the squares then sew the squares together (bag should be inside out). Turn it right side out and you're done!



For the rest: I found a stencil online of a Marilyn Monroe looking person. Printed it. Cut out the picture and placed it on my bag. Then sprayed it with fabric paint from Hobby Lobby. I added a magnetic clasp, also from HL, and hot glued a button over it.
Very cute and simple and not $45! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment